If you are in Canada and looking for how to watch movies and series on Hulu, then this article is for you. At the end of this article, you will get to know the easiest ways to watch Hulu on any device you have, so without wasting much time, let’s dive in.
Just like Netflix, Hulu is one of the most popular streaming services in the USA. Although it originated in the USA, many countries can not wait to access it in their country.
If you are wondering who owns Hulu, then Hulu is owned by The Walt Disney Company. The platform was launched on 29 October 2019 and offered movies and shows.
Hulu is currently not available outside the USA, so if you are in Canada, Hulu won’t be accessible but don’t worry. In this article, I will take you through how to bypass the restriction and access the Hulu platform and watch all your favorite movies.
In addition, I will take you through how to subscribe and how to renew your subscription easily.
What's in this article:
Why Is Hulu Not Available In Canada? How Do You Access Hulu In Canada Even If It Is Not Available?
Hulu is currently unavailable in Canada because of content copyrights and geo-restriction policies. Still, there is a way to access the streaming platform and enjoy all your favorite movies and shows. To access Hulu in Canada, you will need two things, and they are:
- A strong VPN
- A Hulu Subscription
Now lets’ cover how to get a Hulu subscription. Before that, we will dive into how to use the best VPNs to access the Hulu platform.
How To Get Hulu Subscription In Canada
Since Hulu is yet not available outside the USA, the payment methods for paying for the subscription are limited. The most used ones are American Express or US Paypal accounts. But since you are in Canada, there is a way to go about it. Let’s do it.
Buying Hulu Subscription in Canada Using States Card
States card allows you to get a virtual prepaid card. This will enable you to pay for your US streaming services, stores, and games, and we are going to use it in getting the Hulu subscription. Here is how to get yourself a states card account.
- Visit Statescard.com and click on Sign Up Now
- Fill in your Email and password
- Add funds to your states card
- Confirm your subscription via a link in your Email
- Confirm your identity with a national ID or passport to confirm your identity
- Now load your state card account with your credit card or your country Paypal account
- Now you will have your state card fully loaded, and now you can use it to pay for your Hulu subscription.
Buying Hulu Subscription Using Paypal
Use a VPN to create a US PayPal account.
After Successful Signup, link your Canadian credit card to the USA PayPal account. To be on the safer side, make sure your Canadian card has not been linked to any PayPal account before. If your credit card has been linked with a Paypal account before, you might want to use another one.
Use any zip code of the USA you want
Also, for the address, you can Google any resident address in the USA and use it.
Buying Hulu Gift Card From eBay
Before buying a gift card from eBay, you should make sure you are connected to a VPN, and your location is set to the USA, or the Signup won’t be successful.
Also, note that it’s advisable to take caution when purchasing gift cards from eBay, and we will not be responsible if there is an issue with your purchasing.
- Visit ebay.com and sign up.
- Confirm your Sign up by entering a confirmation email that will be sent to your Email
- Now visit the eBay Gift Cards tab, search for a Hulu gift card, and then buy with your US Paypal account or credit card.
Now that you have gotten yourself a VPN subscription, now is the time we dive into watching Hulu in Canada even when it is not yet available in the country, and with this trick, we are going to use a VPN.
How To Watch Hulu In Canada
- First, download and install a VPN (for this tutorial, we recommend Express VPN)
- Launch the VPN and sign up or login if you already have an account
- Now connect the VPN to a United States Server (this will change your device location to the USA)
- Visit the Hulu website and click on Sign up
- Select your plan
- Fill in your email address, personal information, and password
- Now hit on the Submit button and start enjoying incredible movies and shows.
Since Hulu can be accessible in Canada with the help of a VPN, before you get yourself a VPN, there are some things you need to consider.
Not all VPNs work well and can change your location for you. Hulu itself can detect if you are using a VPN, and when it does, you will be blocked. That is why it is advisable to choose the best VPN that can do the work for you.
Now let’s talk about the best VPNs to use when it comes to watching Hulu in Canada.
Best VPNs To Watch Hulu In Canada
When it comes to the best VPN to stream videos on Hulu, Express VPN is the number one VPN.
They have so many features that make the VPN stand out. One of them is their media Streamer feature which allows them to unblock geo-blocked streaming platforms like Hulu and the rest.
When it comes to servers, Express VPN has over 3000+ servers across 90+ countries and still counting.
This VPN is easy to access and has many servers spread across the USA, making it easy to access your favorite streaming platforms that are only available in the USA, like Hulu.
NordVPN has over 1800+ servers around the USA; this makes it one of the best VPNs to use when you want to access Hulu in Canada.
It has a feature that blocks geo-restrictions on some platforms and allows you to enjoy any forum or website that does not allow specific countries.
Nord VPN also supports all devices meaning you can use it on your computer, and at the same time, your android and IOS.
When we talk about the best VPN to use when it comes to using streaming platforms, then Surfshark is one of them.
This VPN is well equipped with many US servers, making it easy to watch your favorite movies and series right from Canada.
Private VPN has also been In the game for quite a long now. They make sure there is no buffering when streaming using their VPN. Remote VPN has made It our top recommended VPNs because of how easy it can be configured and start using. It also has multiple servers in the USA and across various countries.
Devices To Access Hulu On If You Are In Canada
- Android TV
- Fire Tablets
- Xbox 360
- Roku and Roku Stick
- Echo Show
- PlayStation 3
- Apple TV (4th generation or later)
- LG TV (with WebOS)
- PlayStation 4
- iPhones and iPads
- Mac and PC browsers/apps
- Samsung TV (with TizenOS)
- Xbox One
- Nintendo Switch
- Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
- VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Android phones and tablets
How Much Does Hulu Cost In Canada?
There are three plans for Hulu subscribers, and they are:
Hulu Basic With Ads Costing $5.99 Per Month
This is the cheapest subscription on the Hulu plans. The plans come with ads. Although the ads come in to take some of the subscription plans away, if you hate ads, then you should not go for this plan. But if you are on a budget, you can go for this plan as the ads are not all that lengthy.
Hulu Premium With No Ads Costing $11.99 Per Month:
This is a subscription with no ad interference so that you can go for this plan. You also get a 30 day free trial when you sign up for the premium subscription.
Hulu + Live TV Costing $64.99 Per Month
If you are fond of watching live TV, then this plan is for you. With this plan, you get to watch over 60 live TV channels, and you get access to the entire Hulu library of movies.
Are you thinking if you can share this plan with your loved one? Well, yes, this plan allows you to have six profiles and allows two screens simultaneously. In addition, it comes with a seven-day free trial.
How To Watch Hulu On Android
- Launch your VPN and make sure it is connected to the USA server
- Head over to Google Play Store and tap on the three horizontal lines on the top left
- Click on My Account. This is where you will find your name and your country
- Change your location to the USA and then fill in your details
- Now head back to the app and download the Hulu app and start streaming.
How To Watch Hulu On iPhone/iPad In Canada
- On your IOS device, navigate to Settings and change your app store location to the USA.
- Now click on Media and Purchases and then to View Account. Now fill in your details.
- Agree to the terms and conditions
- Here is where you will have to provide your USA address and a postal code. You can use Google to generate them.
- After completing these steps, hit on Done, your location will be changed to the USA, now search for Hulu and install. After installing, you can then now start streaming.
How To Watch Hulu On TV In Canada
Watching Hulu on android and IOS devices is relatively easy compared to watching Hulu on TV in Canada. Unless you have an Android TV that you can install a VPN on it. If not, don’t worry. There is a way to go around it.
You can buy an Amazon firestick device that will allow you to install a VPN directly from the app store.
How To Watch Hulu In Canada On Tv With The Help Of Firestick
- Launch the Amazon website using a browser and log in
- Now select Accounts and Lists and choose to Manage Your Account And Content
- Choose the USA as your country
- On your Amazon firestick device, go to Settings and then to My Account
- Sign in again
- On your app store dashboard, search for Hulu and install.
- Install your favorite VPN on the Amazon app store and install that one too, don’t forget to connect it to the Us server
- Now launch the Hulu app and sign in, now you will be able to watch all the movies and shows on Hulu from Canada.
If you are wondering if there are alternatives to Hulu, then there is. Maybe there are some shows that you can not find on the Hulu platform (which I doubt), or you want to try out different streaming platforms.
Here are Hulu alternatives that you can check.
- USTV now
- HBO Max
- Popcorn Time
- BBC iPlayer
- American Netflix
Now, if you are in Canada, you don’t have to worry about watching your favorite movies and shows on Hulu. Although Hulu is not available in Canada, this article covers easy ways to watch Hulu in Canada. In addition, we also covered the best way to buy Hulu subscriptions and the best VPNs to use.